In Support of Useful Plants and Things Handmade…
(Click on the images below to visit our pages.)
Join us in our backyard horticultural experiment!
Garden Tasks & Harvesting:
- Letting the garden rest! Things are too wet to get out there and do much weeding.
- Snow has melted and we are getting LOTS of rain! Hope that translates to an enduring snowpack in the mountains!
- Starting up on pruning – willows, grapes, raspberries, blackberries, currants, apples … there is a lot to do! Mostly I try to time it between rainshowers.
- We can still harvest a few herbs, like rosemary, sage, thyme, and bay leaves. We can also find rose hips and berberis (I leave most of them for the birds). There are also quite a few greens: Good King Henry, lemon balm, catnip, dandelions, kale. And what’s this … chickweed??? Such a gift in the middle of winter!
- Cleaning up the greenhouse; planting seeds that need cold stratification; making room to start early greens and onions.
Contact me here