This is my final post in this Garlic-Planting Conundrum series – and by now you probably think I am beating this whole thing into the ground. But I wanted to share a few practical things about figuring out your space needs and preparing the planting area, particularly under less-than-ideal conditions. Now is the time to think about next year, and with some forethought, you can save yourself a lot of work!
In this post I talk about
- Figuring out how much garlic you should grow and how much space you will really need
- Mulching and tilling – or not
- What kinds of tools will help you get the job DONE (and which ones can you throw in the brambles)
- Alternative planting methods, and do they work?
- The nitty-gritty of building beds.